The Auxiliary of Hebrew Health Care is a multi-generational group, almost 1,300 strong, dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of our residents wherever we see the need through volunteerism and fundraising. The Auxiliary began more than one hundred years ago when the "Handkerchief Brigade" took ten years to collect $1,000 in nickels to purchase the first Home. We have, therefore, been referred to as the "heart of the heart" in Hebrew Health Care.
Highlights of Auxiliary Funding:
- Funds and manages the Gift Shop at the Home
- Funds the Coffee Shop at the Home
- Purchased new DVD players for resident floors
- Funds Bingo program at Home
- Resident Holiday parties - provides entertainment, refreshments, volunteers
- Purchased 5 hospital low beds and 8 specialized slings
- Automatic external defibrillator
- Music Fund
- Rabbi's Ritual Fund
- Furnishings of Home
- Beauty Shop and Lobby Renovations
- Purchased IV Infusion Pain Pumps
- Purchased Alternate Air Pressure Mattresses
- Supports Senior Screen Day(part of Jewish Film Festival) at Hebrew Health Care
For 77 years the Auxiliary held an annual Strawberry Festival as its main fundraiser. Upon retiring the Strawberry Festival and with a goal of connecting the outside community to the residents and clients of Hebrew Health Care, the Auxiliary in September, 2007 introduced Family Fun Day. Today, Family Fun Day - is the Auxiliary's main fundraiser and is successful in connecting the Greater Hartford Community to Hebrew Health Care!
The Auxiliary at Hebrew Health Care accepts donations to the following:
- Art Fund
- Chai Fund
- Golden Book Fund
- Home Furnishings Fund
- Library Fund
- Tree of Life Fund (Plaque opportunity)
- Walk of Ages (Brick - honor or memorial tributes)
- Ruth Shulman Family Fund
- General Fund
If you would like more information about The Auxiliary of Hebrew Health Care, please contact Brenda McVerry at 860.523.3829 or by .
The Auxiliary of Hebrew Health Care are hosting their Honey Fundraiser again! Profits from the Honey Fundraiser enable the Auxiliary to provide to the residents; enriching activities, entertainment and a comfortable place to live. What a better way to wish family, friends, or business associates a “Sweet & Healthy New Year” than sending a jar of honey?”
This 8-ounce jar of delicious kosher honey arrives in time for the Rosh Hashanah holiday, decorated with a colorful label, and includes a personalized card reading “L’Shana Tova—Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year.” This card also lets the recipients know that a donation has been made in their honor to Auxiliary of Hebrew Health Care West Hartford, CT. Click on the logo below to order your honey today!