role of volunteering
Give the gift of Yourself: Become a Volunteer!
For more than 100 years Hebrew Health Care and its affiliates, Hebrew Home and Hospital, Hebrew Community Services and Hoffman SummerWood Community, have depended on the generosity of volunteers, while at the same time have given volunteers an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. Providing compassionate, quality care to our residents, members and clients is our top priority, and is at the heart of everything we do. At Hebrew Health Care, we believe that meaningful interactions with members of the community are essential to quality care. That's why our volunteers are so important. They enrich lives! You can make a difference in a variety of ways:
- Join our "adopt-a-grandparent" program
- Assist with meals
- Visit with a resident, hold a hand, read a book, write a letter or give a manicure
- Facilitate a bingo game
- Accompany a group to the theater, a museum or to a luncheon
- Work in an office answering phones, folding letters, or assist with a mailing
- Work in the Main Street Café or Gift Shop
- Assist in our Day Centers, volunteer to visit someone in their home
- Provide computer skills instruction
- Teach card games, sewing, or knitting
- Assist during the move-in process
- Accompany individuals on shopping trips
- Lend a hand during special events or open houses
- Join our Youth Volunteer Team
Do you have a special talent that you would like to share? Design a program that uses your expertise! Do you have a repertoire of stories that engage and entertain? Our residents and members would love to hear them. Do you have some spare time to listen to vignettes that our residents have to offer? Not only can you enrich their lives, you'll be surprised at how they will enrich your life. Our volunteers range in age from 3 to 93. Some volunteers join us on special holidays, some volunteer once a week. Some come in with friends or family members. All of our volunteers make a difference, in the lives of others, and in their own lives.
Give the gift of your time and talent. Join over 400 volunteers! Become a Hebrew Health Care volunteer today!
For more information, contact our Director of Volunteer Resources at 860.523.3818 or email .
If you are interested in volunteering at SummerWood in particular, call Patricia Vega, Activity Manager, at 860.920.1852.