outpatient primary care
Outpatient Medical Services include primary medical care and geriatric consultations provided by the physicians of Hebrew Health Care’s Connecticut Geriatric Specialty Group. All physicians are board certified and specially trained in geriatrics with expertise in the health issues affecting older adults.
The Connecticut Geriatric Specialty Group helps healthy and active seniors remain healthy and active. Our geriatric physicians and nurse practitioners are specialists in caring for older adults. As a new Connecticut’s newest geriatric medical practice, we have a new attitude toward health care for older adults. Our focus is on prevention, wellness, and the management of chronic diseases. We also emphasize patient convenience and collaboration with our patients’ existing specialists.
To make an appointment with one of our geriatricians, please call 860.523.3801.
Geriatric Consultations offer area physicians a place to refer their patients to be seen and tracked for memory loss and cognitive issues while continuing to treat them for their primary medical needs. Geriatric consultations include:
- Comprehensive assessment includes measures of mobility and functional status, mental status examinations, depression screening, evaluation of common geriatric problems (e.g., risk for falls, incontinence, and polypharmacy).
- Recommendations regarding prevention and management of common geriatric syndromes and functional impairments.
- Development of comprehensive plan of care with primary care physician, family members, and patient.
- Coordination of care with primary care physician.
- Ongoing management of geriatric syndromes and functional impairments.
Seniors can engage in a Geriatric Consultation through a referral made by their primary care physician. Connecticut Geriatric Specialty Group is a member of the Hebrew Health Care family of geriatric services.