how we're different
Hebrew Health Care offers services to older adults with a patient-centered focus that is different from other geriatric service providers:
- Attitude: we believe that seniors are not in a “winding down” period of their lives, just at a different stage of life, filled with potential, with a lot of life left to live.
- Array: we offer a complete array of geriatric health services, and coordination of care for patients who utilize services from multiple affiliates.
- Ability: we practice a medical model, which means that we employ our own full time, board certified geriatricians who actually provide expert medical care to patients and residents, and who oversee all medical and nursing staff and services across all of our affiliates.
- Approach: we keep our patients, clients and residents at the center of everything we do, with an emphasis on seeing the world through the eyes of the older adult.
- Access: because family members are an essential part of the health care team, we treat them with respect, engage them in health planning, and make ourselves available to address family questions or concerns.
Our medical model allows us to offer more comprehensive and immediate services to our patients, clients and members and helps us to stand out from other providers:
- Physicians in-house 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Medical team of board certified physicians and APRNs who are specially trained in geriatrics, with expertise in the health issues that affect older adults.
- Interdisciplinary care teams comprised of on-site physicians, nurses, dieticians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, social workers, pharmacists, and recreation therapists.
- On-site dentistry, ophthalmology, podiatry, and x-ray and lab services.
- Co-located with The Hospital at Hebrew Health Care so that, in most cases, residents who need to be treated for exacerbations of symptoms from chronic illnesses can remain in the familiar surroundings of the Hebrew Health Care campus.
- Strong relationships with area hospitals for when residents have needs beyond the scope of practice at The Hospital at Hebrew Health Care.